Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Ringing in a New Year!

Only 5 more sleeps until my 2019 Gypsy Wife QAL begins!  I'm excited so many fellow quilters are interested in this QAL.  I know several people started this quilt in past years and are now eager to bump it to the top of their WIP list for 2019.  I am really looking forward to watching all of these come together.

Yesterday I decided to narrow down my scrappy color palette just a tad...mostly to see if I can actually control my scrappy urges and stick to the plan.  I chose 2 of my very favorite fabrics, one with a light grey background and one with a black background.  Check out my IG feed to see them!

So this pattern can be quite intimidating, that's why breaking it down into small pieces (no pun intended) and sewing along with a group is such a great idea.  Several quilters have hosted Gypsy Wife QAL's in years past and I am not about recreating the wheel.  I am going to include links to two of my favorites so you can read all of their tips and tricks.

Julie Dueck of the Intrepid Thread hosted a BOM a few years ago.  This was when I made my first two Gypsy Wife quilts.  Julie has archived all of the newsletters she created to go along with her BOM.  There is a ton of great information in these newsletters!!  Julie's BOM ran for 12 months while this QAL will run for about 4 months, so the newsletter numbers will not coordinate with my schedule but still great info!  I encourage you to check these out on Julie's blog as we progress through the blocks.

One of my all time favorite QAL hostesses is Angie aka Gnome Angel.  I have not done her Gypsy Wife Quilt Sew-Along, but have done a couple of others with her including Jen Kingwell's Long Time Gone and Tula Pink's 100 Days 100 Blocks.  Angie provides a wealth of information for all of her sew-alongs so I am sure the Gypsy Wife is no exception.  Read all of her preparation information here!

You can also find some interesting information about choosing fabrics and videos from Jen Kingwell on Just Wanna Quilt's 2018 Gigi's Gypsy Wife Sew-Along.  There is no shortage of fantastic ideas about this quilt pattern on the Interwebs.  Google is your QAL friend.  =)

Happy Quilting #2019gypsies !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creating a Quilt Journal

I set up this blog specifically for the Gypsy Wife QAL I hosted this year.  Now that the QAL has come to an end it occurred to me I could us...